Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Happy Birthday to Me!

We went out for breakfast this morning in Santa Elena, but we first went to the taller to have some work done on the Jeep. The belts were loose and sqeaky and the windshield wipers were too big. We were able to get right in, so we weren't there very long. When we passed by the Ranario we saw Victorino painting the big stone frog in front of the Frog Pond, so we invited him to breakfast at Maravilla. Jim drove to town, Vic drove from the Ranario, and so I wanted a turn to be cool and drive the Jeep after breakfast. Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner at the bottom of the hill leading up to the bank, and the steering wheel came off in my hands! So, we went back to the mechanic, who was horrified to see that there was nothing holding the steering wheel in place. ("Que bruto!" was his comment.) Luckily, he was able to screw it back in place, and off we went.

Comments:
I laughed out loud when I read that. Like something out of a movie!
 
I thought about you a lot on your 5*nd birthday (wouldn't want to give away the real number).

I'm on a rock in the middle of the Pacific, your on a mountain top in Central America, and Alex is in Florida...it makes phone calls and baking you a cake difficult, if you know what I mean.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?